Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cuddle bug

We love miss Mia so much that I think we have created a monster. We read that kids should be able to fall asleep on their own and "self soothe". Mia does not do this. She does not fall asleep or stay asleep unless she is being cuddled. She is a cuddle bug! (which, by the way, I love. But, we need to do what is in her best interest. So, this week we are working on self soothing. It is not easy for mommy.

Mia also has eye infections. It was just in one eye and we thought it was a clogged tear duct but then it spread to the other eye. So we are not sure. We are putting antibiotic ointment on them. They were pretty goopy for a couple of days. It didn't seem to bother Mia but it bothered us!

Another note: I got a baby K tan. It is a baby holder that has lots of different positions you can hold your baby in. I LOVE it! It is very handy.

More pics (of course)!
Mia-Daddy cuddle/nap time

I love this headband

I can whistle! :)

Bath time

5 comments:

Sturgy Fam said...

Aw she is precious!

Sarah said...

She is just so precious, Berkeley!
Saylor didn't "self soothe" at Mia's age either. I just couldn't help myself--I wanted to hold her ALL the time! She slept pretty good at night, but I held her almost all day. You aren't creating a monster, just a pampered and loved little girl!

missa said...

hang in there Berkeley! enjoy the time you have with Miss Mia while she is small...they grow up super fast!!

adie1983 said...

She is such a doll! Love the bow!

Julia Soler said...

She's so cute!!! As I am typing this, one handed, I am holding Jared...as I do about 90% of the day. If I'm not holding him one of his brothers or his sister or daddy are..or its tummy time. We enjoy it, don't feel bad about it, lol...soon she won't be little bitty and you'll miss the baby days