Monday, May 18, 2009

Thank heaven for best friends

What a difference a year makes!

I was thinking this weekend about what I was doing this time last year. I was in Dallas. I flew to Dallas for Jennie's baby shower. She was very pregnant. I was not even pregnant yet but was trying very hard to be! We had so much fun that weekend. We went shopping. We hung out and napped. We went to a Ranger's game and then after the game we watched Robert Earl Keen in the VIP section (nice to have friends with connections). I sat next to Kevin Millwood (Ranger pitcher)and even got my pic with him! I could have never imagined how different both of our lives would be in one year. I could have never imagined how consumed and in love we would be with our little girls! From now on, when we have weekends together, our girls will be playing too! I hope they will be best friends like we are. I don't know what I would have done without Jennie to talk to, vent to, brag to, cry with, and get advise from during this time. I am so thankful that God put her in my life. Love you, Jenn.

Me and Kevin Millwood

Jenn and me and the Ranger game

Isn't she cute!

3 comments:

Sam and Mandy said...

Hey I was there too!!! Funny thing is that I saw Jenny this weekend and had the exact same thoughts about a year ago and going to her shower and that now you both have precious baby girls!

missa said...

time flies when you're having fun!

The Jackson Family said...

That was so sweet Berks, you made me cry! I can't believed that was only last year... How time flies. I miss you so much. I know Elliot and Mia will be best friends for sure. I love you Berks.

Jennie